How do I get a Washington birth certificate?
- • You must be the person named on the certificate, an immediate family member, or have a court order or other legal authority to order the certificate.
- • You must provide the full name of the person on the certificate, the date and place of birth, and the names of the parents (if known).
- • You must provide a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport.
- • You must pay the required fee.
- • Visit the Washington State Department of Health's Vital Records website.
- • Click on "Order a Certificate" and select "Birth Certificate".