How do I get a Puerto Rico birth certificate?
In Puerto Rico, birth certificates are issued by the Puerto Rico Vital Statistics Office. Here are the requirements and procedures for obtaining a birth certificate:
Who can request a birth certificate:
Only the person whose name appears on the birth certificate, their parents, or their legal representative may request a birth certificate.
In order to request a birth certificate, you will need to provide the following information:
- • Full name of the person whose certificate is being requested
- • Date of birth
- • Place of birth
- • Full name of both parents
- • Your relationship to the person whose certificate is being requested
- • Your name, address, and telephone number
There are two ways to apply for a birth certificate in Puerto Rico:
- • In person: You can visit the Puerto Rico Vital Statistics Office in person to apply for a birth certificate. You will need to bring a valid photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, and pay a fee. The fee for a certified copy of a birth certificate is $5.
- • Online: You can also order a birth certificate online through the Puerto Rico Vital Statistics Office website. You will need to provide the required information and pay the fee using a credit card. The fee for a certified copy of a birth certificate is $12.
The processing time for a birth certificate request in Puerto Rico varies depending on the method of application. In-person requests can usually be processed within the same day, while online requests can take up to 10 business days.
For more information on ordering a birth certificate in Puerto Rico, you can contact the Puerto Rico Vital Statistics Office at (787) 765-2929 or visit their website at http://www.salud.gov.pr/.
|Address||P.O. Box 11854, Fernández Juncos Station, San Juan, PR 00910|
|Phone number||(787) 765-2929 / (787) 767-9120|