How do I get a New Jersey birth certificate?
- • To obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate in New Jersey, you must be the individual named on the certificate or a parent, legal guardian, or legal representative of the person named on the certificate.
- • You must provide a valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport.
- • If you are requesting a birth certificate for someone other than yourself, you must provide proof of your relationship to that person.
- • You must provide the full name at birth, date of birth, and place of birth of the individual named on the certificate.
- • You must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of the certificate.
- • You can order a birth certificate online through the New Jersey Department of Health or in-person at the Office of Vital Statistics and Registry in Trenton, NJ.
- • The fee for a certified copy of a birth certificate is $25 for the first copy and $2 for each additional copy ordered at the same time.
- • Rush service is available for an additional fee.